It is the eve of my 23rd birthday and I thought I’d make a list of 22 things I learned while I was 22. This year had some moments I hope I’ll never have to repeat, but it also had some highlight moments (like graduating university and travelling to South America). I feel as though this year was just the beginning on this journey, we call life.
22 Things I learned while I was 22:
I’m capable of loving myself.Still working on it.
- Your true friends will always be there for you. No matter what.
- I love coffee! (Not sure how I made it through an entire University Degree without drinking this liquid gold.)
- Hard work does eventually get noticed and it does pay off.
- Having a big heart isn’t always a good thing.
- People that want you in their life will make an effort to have you in their life. Period.
- To cook (still in progress – thanks momma).
- Outsiders opinions don’t matter.
- Not everything goes as planned.
- When a relationship goes wrong, it doesn’t mean it’s my fault.
- But it also doesn’t mean I am completely blameless.
- I can travel without having a set plan.
- Adult life isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.
- Sometimes you need to make sacrifices.
- A negative mind will never give you a positive life.
- Just because my life isn’t in line with someone else’s, doesn’t mean I’m doing it wrong.
- Never mistake someone’s kindness for weakness.
- Having all the cute outfits to wear to the gym doesn’t mean you will actually go to the gym.
- A clean room/space makes life so much easier.
- Sometimes you just need to unplug from the world and spend time being present with the people and places around you.
- Nothing beats good company, good wine and yoga pants.
- Boys lie.
Here’s to 23!