I don’t know about you, but I have always considered September the beginning of a new year. Maybe because for the last 17 Septembers I have started a new school year. This year is no exception. This week I started my fourth (senior) and final year of university. I’m not really sure where the time has gone, but I’m excited for what’s to come.
I love September for so many reasons;
- I love summer as much as the next girl, but my most favourite season is fall.
- Fall clothing is the cutest, and comfiest clothing.
- The late September air is so refreshing, especially while you’re in bed because then you can get cozy with all of your blankets.
- Walking. Fall is the best time to walk outdoors. This is why I have started to walk to work instead of drive (this also saves me $9-$30 a day).
- Bath and Body works releases their fall line.
- Starbucks releases the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Apple flavoured everything.
How to kick off the “New Year” the right way;
- Stay organized.
Purchase a cute day planner and notebook to keep yourself and your tasks on track. My day planner is from Kate Spade, and my notebook is from Indigo. Right down absolutely everything you have to do. Trust me, it’ll make your life easier.
2. Put yourself on a budget.
Being on a budget can sometimes suck, but trust me – being on a budget is much better than being broke. I set aside $140.00 on the first of this month and am using it as my “entertainment fund.” What that includes is: eating out, night downtown, Starbucks, alcohol, movies, nails, etc. Once my $140.00 is gone, I can’t spend any more money until the next month. If you so happen to have money leftover at the end of the month, either put it in a savings account, or carry it over to the next month that way you have a little bit more.
3. Treat yourself.
Okay, so at the beginning of my post I said that one of my favourite things about September, is the fact that Pumpkin Spice Lattes are around for a limited time at Starbucks. However, 1) they are not good for you whatsoever. 2) they are very expensive. A tall cost $4.89! For those of you that are not Starbucks drinkers a tall is considered a small. While yes they are expensive and not good for you, do treat yourself every once in a while because they are oh so delicious.
4. Stay active.
The fall season is the best time of year to get outside. The temperature is perfect for walks, hikes, a bike ride or even a run. Don’t feel like you have to go to the gym to stay active. Go for a 30 minute walk every day and you’ll feel great!